Friday, June 29, 2012

Church


A friend that I have been bugging to try Crossfit for the last 3 years finally started showing up at my house Sunday mornings. It whupped his butt, he is strong as all get out (400+ bench) but not much into cardio. We would do a WOD or some skill work, talk and then drink beer afterwards. Not necessarily the best thing to do but we did it and it tasted great. Sorry, getting off topic. Anyway, he likened it to church for us, we got the fellowship portion anyway. We would both look forward to it, the talking and sharing of issues that were affecting our lives. I believe that is the best thing about Crossfit. The health aspect is very important, but nowhere else have I experienced such fellowship and camaraderie. I don't know what it is exactly about the community but it has the lowest ratio of a$$hole$ of any group setting I have seen.  Maybe it is the pushing of one another to finish faster or the shared pain of a nasty WOD, but everyone that I have trained the last few years I consider a true friend and Anthony, I will see you next Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! The acceptance of everyone at CFC no matter their ability, age, or goals is phenomenal! See you at the box. Mary

    ReplyDelete