Thursday, August 2, 2012

Food (beer) addiction

We all know about addictions whether it is eating bad food, taking other things that are bad for your body or going back to people that always hurt you.  If you can stay away from those things it becomes easier the longer you are away.  The "trick" is to make the right choices to help you avoid situations where you can fall back into that cycle.  When some people have some ice cream occasionally and then it becomes nightly then a pint a night, etc. it's not good.  Other people can have one bowl a month and use that as a reward or celebration and have no ill effects.  That being said, the day I finished my challenge I went out and bought some beer.  Limited edition stuff, real fancy like.  I drank 3/4 of a bottle and wasn't that impressed.  The following day I had 1 Shiner at lunch and it tasted pretty good, I started to want another.  I am debating whether to go down this road again. I know I shouldn't but I also know that I will.  I like alcohol a lot, I don't do shots, it is enjoyed and appreciated, occasionally large quantities of it are enjoyed.  So the plan is to only put one beer in the fridge at a time since I refuse to drink warm beer I think that should help limit myself.  I am going to have it along with my "cheat meal" and or at special occasions.  I will make this work or if I catch myself sliding into old habits ti will be gone for good.  Just the idea of that makes me want to follow the straight and narrow.  We will see.


No comments:

Post a Comment