Thursday, October 25, 2012

Oktoberfest Obliteration!

CrossFit Champions put on their annual Oktoberfest Obliteration competition last weekend and I was able to be a part of it.  I had no idea how it was all going to come together 2 days away.  Prep work had been done but there was a whole lot of stuff to be accomplished.  Friday rolls around and the volunteers showed up, people from our gym and others, tons of them and the magic started to happen.  I am truly amazed at what all of the volunteers accomplished, the hours they worked in those two days.  The work ethic was amazing.  If I owned a company and had employees that worked like that everyday, we all would be able to retire in 5 years....any takers? - joking.
I ended up being a judge for the first time and they had me on the Teams judging.  The athletes, crowd and energy they put out was great.  I remember one female athlete that couldn't get a 95# snatch for her team to move on, she tried for 5-7 minutes exhausting herself, tears running down her face, but she never gave up, she didn't want to let her team down.  I was impressed with her perseverance.
The WOD's that they had to do like "Mathletes" were created by an evil genius (Matt Munson and others), it was absolutely crazy fun.  Check out more at http://www.oktoberfestobliteration.com/
All in all it was a fun, chaotic, amazing long day filled with great people in the best community (CrossFit) you can be a part of.



No comments:

Post a Comment