Saturday, July 21, 2012

Careful what you say....

Yesterday I was talking to some friends about going running on the trails in Memorial Park.  We were gripping about all the trees that the parks dept has been cutting down.  Doug tells me that it's better than having a branch/tree land on my head and I say what are the chances of that happening?  So...this morning I am running there thinking to myself that it looks like crap with so many trees cut away and I hear a branch snapping.  I looked around and couldn't see it as I run and hug a tree to minimize getting hit.  A 50 lbs branch came crashing down onto the trail about 75 ft away from me.  Moral to the story, I got a wake up call from God (thank you) and you should be careful when you dismiss possible dangers, like playing outside or showering during a thunderstorm, etc.  We all dismiss them because those tragedies happen to someone else.  That person could end up being you/us.

No comments:

Post a Comment